Nick: the collective is talking and you will be assimilated! (Ok, I guess
you'd only get that if you were a Star Trek fan.)

It's great that the CEO is on here reading and thinking about what everyone
is saying. That is a really good sign IMO.

I think everyone would be hard pressed to find a real manufacturing issue
when it comes to the rounding problem. Manufacturing tolerances and even
component tolerances are much worse than the rounding problem noted here,
but it a perceived quality issue that really irks the group I would venture
to guess. It's plain stupid when a computer can't call something 3.00mm and
then when the object is viewed in imperial mode, the data changes slightly.

A 'real problem' is when someone is trying to do a search for a 3mm pad, and
they only find some because any that were 'touched' while in imperial mode
have now been unexpectedly changed to 2.99999mm.  A search will not find
these stealth 2.9999mm pads.

(...little DXP test of above scenario...)

HOWEVER....I was talking in reference to 99SE. It seems to be FIXED in DXP!!
I tried to look back to see who started this thread and didn't have any
luck.

I just tried the same example in DXP (the one I was typing about in this
email) and it works now. So where is the problem now?? Is it truly gone???
That would be excellent.

The idea of showing imperial AND metric in the status bar would be such a
great addition! I could reference multiple data sheets when building parts
and not have to flip back and forth. It would DEFINITELY be a productivity
enhancer!

Tony