At 09:13 AM 8/3/2002 +1000, Nick Martin wrote:

Doesn't matter much *what* he wrote, it would have been a bit surprising
that Mr. Martin would write to the DXP list (but why not, the other top
Protel/Altium officers/managers have written there), but that he also wrote
to the PEDA Forum is nothing short of a sea change.

For those who may not know, Mr. Martin is the "Joint CEO" and Founder of
Altium/Protel.

It was Protel policy for quite some time that the only public writing on
these lists would be through Protel CSC. This may have been due to raging
flame wars, it may have been simply due to the fact that email can become a
time-gobbling monster, I know whereof I speak. But I was told, in the
pre-Accel-acquisition days, that nearly every Protel employee read this
list. It's changed a little, many of the Altium people, even though they
are selling Protel, don't seem to be familiar with what goes on here, but
it's likely that the major players remained subscribed. After all, wouldn't
you?

Anyway, welcome, Mr. Martin, we hope your sojourn here is a pleasant one.

Now, about the internal database units vs metric display.... :-) I should
make it a point to check this out in DXP; I had occasion to do a design in
the micron range (2 micron track and space) and things can get a little
flaky down there. CAMtastic is hopeless below 0.1 mil.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training
Protel EDA license resales
Easthampton, Massachusetts, USA
(413) 527-3881, efax (419) 730-4777
www.lomaxdesign.com

* Tracking #: 56B5E9A39C608B45914DB3B4F6D02C47427F23BC