Office XP, no way!  OpenOffice is pretty good, and is free.  StarOffice is
the same thing, but costs (way less than Office) and has a database program.

We use Office 2000 and it is the last Office version we will be using.
Likewise W2K is our last M$ OS.  I don't really have too many gripes about
it, but I am trying to break the M$ stranglehold.  It's not healthy to be so
dependent on one company's products.  You might argue that one is dependent
on many companies for one particular product (such as a sole-source chip).
But what if that chip company could do this:

1) discontinue the chip
2) raise the price for a replacement chip
3) make the new chip slightly incompatible with the former chip, forcing you
to redesign some of your system hardware and software
4) make the new chip unable to talk to competitor's chips
5) make the new chip require the purchase of other support chips from the
same company
6) stop supporting the old chip
7) deactivate all the old chips in existing systems in use in the field
8) deactivate itself once a year until a yearly "maintenance" fee is paid
9) report its system information and usage profiles to the company or any
third party so designated by the company
10) automatically upgrade itself at request of the company, causing
unpredictable failures and service outages
11) was the target of virus-writers and hackers worldwide
12) came with a EULA that absolved the company of all responsibility of any
kind, and that EULA changes with each new patch or upgrade to bestow
ever-increasing rights upon the company and ever-diminishing rights upon the
user

If a chip company did this, you wouldn't use their chips, would you?

Note:  some of the above may not apply to XPpro.  Yet.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com