I meant to say "my Win2K system puked" (don't know why the 'but' was in
there)

What a funny analogy. No I probably would not buy from an IC company
that had your list, but MS doesn't have that either. Will you Win2K
system ever 'deactivate' on you for any reason? No. Why do you bother
putting it on you list? That's not fair to them.

Just about every company that end-of-lifes an IC (except for Intel and
AMD microprocessors) will ultimately cause this to occur:

1. Have brokers be the only source and the price will rise. (I'm
thinking Moto 68901)
    (AMD and Intel seem to hit rock bottom always:80486 $10)

2. The new part isn't a drop in replacement and requires a new board
layout and new code to do the same thing as your old chip (I'm thinking
PLX PCI parts here)

3. Stop supporting the old chip (everyone does this. Hey Intel, I'm
having trouble with a boot loader on my 8080A)

Ivan, we use what we need to use. I don't particularly 'like' MS, but
they are the OS that happens to support software I want to run. Like
I've said before, the OS is so secondary to the apps. My investment is
in apps, not OS. I just want the OS to 'not bring attention to itself'
and by that I mean: run, don't crash, don't get in my way when I'm
running apps.

I checked out OS2 way back and it was pretty nice, but apps and drivers
and....it wasn't there for me. Linux is the same story right now. It
might be superior, so what. Can I design circuits on it, and write code
for handful of processors and do whatever else I want to and not have to
re-invest a boatload of cash? I doubt it.

Yeah I have a Mac too and it's got problems not unlike MS. Funny how Mac
OS-X can't put a G4 into sleep mode and recover properly. All Mac, all
day.

In fact today I was looking at a different email client (for windows)
just to see what's out there and I came across www.isbister.com I'm
going to check it out. I hate the way Outlook handles junk email
filters. They just plain suck. Is pocomail better? How about Netscape's
mail tool? Maybe, but I don't have all day to relearn an entire system,
so I do it a small step at a time.