> I stocked a few Win2k for the upcoming machines that will last
> another 6 years. We'll see what happens till then.

Interesting - you have your own planned obsolesence program ;-)

I do the same, but I try to squeeze more time from a PC (4 years, at least).
But I haven't stockpiled OS licenses.  I wonder if new PC hardware 6 years
from now will run W2K?

In my office, old PCs never die - they just get retasked.  My old (circa
1996) Dell was retasked as a Windows Samba print server and voice mail
system.  It still uses the Win95 it came with.  I knew that Protel 99SE
would be slow on it, so that's why I put 99SE on the newer dual-PIII W2K
machine.

There's lots of life left in those old PC's!  Just give them something else
to do!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.