That's called action. The "nastygrams" are not coming anymore.

Igor

-----Original Message-----
From: JaMi Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 9 September 2002 1:26 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Cc: JaMi Smith
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Cease the spam

Bingo!

I think you hit the nail on the head Terry!

I tried to search my archive here on Friday night, but I only go back to
9/13/01 on this machine here at home, and I came up with a blank (didn't go
back far enough).

Thanks!

I fired off a couple of test messages to that email address just now, just
to see if anything happens.

GUESS WHAT ! ! !

I've been sitting here just kinda quiet like, for a long time now, waiting,
because I didn't want to jump the gun, so to speak, but I think that it is
OK to speak now, without putting my foot too far in my mouth.

Interesting thing seems to have happened here.

The "Cease the Spam" messages appear to have ceased!

That means that whoever it is, is actually monitoring the emails right now
this minute, and we have struck a nerve.

The last one I got was just after I responded to Igor, which is just about
the time that Tony would have posted his post with the "header" information.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there is someone is actually sitting at
Kollmorgen right now, which would not be out of line for a defense
manufacturer, and among other things,  monitoring the email, which can
easily be programmed to "alert" the operator when an "access" is made to an
unaithorized address. In other words, when they programmed the automatic
response, they also set a "bell" (the old cntl-G).

They must have seen the header in Tony's email, and freaked, and pulled the
plug!

Pardon my speculation here, and I know the minute that I send this a whole
bunch of "Cease the Spam" messages will come in and I will have to eat my
words . . .

OK, anyway, back to the speculation . . .

Poor guy at Kollmorgen gets layed off, and the Network Administrator guy
deletes his email account, but email keeps comming in, and he gets tired of
seeing them, so he sets up a little "nasty gram" and also sets an "alert" to
sound every time the offending emails come in and a "nasty gram" goes out,
and the "alert" has been going off, so he has been reading tthe messages,
and then all of a sudden he sees the header, and says oh s___! and realizes
he's been found out, and he kills the "nasty gram" generator . . .

OK, so now I will send this email and have to eat my words.

By the way, if I am even close to right, then I think that that Network
Administrator guy better post an apology to this forum, or I really will
call the head of security at Kollmorgen tomorrow.

Anyway, hopefully we may be back to normal now.

I am not sure if I mentioned it before, but since the listserver distributes
everything with the return address of the person who submitted the original
post, and that is why whoever has been doing this is sending the "Cease the
Spam" message in response to recieving a post from the listserver, and
sending it to the "from" address on the post.

JaMi