On 05:49 PM 17/09/2002 -0400, Michael Reagan (EDSI) said:
>Exactly JAMI
>A BGA application is ideal for dumping the pad.  It might make the
>difference between using twice as many layers to route a BGA
>
>Mike

The padstack feature has been extended in DXP to allow control on all the
inner layers individually (full padstack mode) - so you would be able to
manually control what pads and what layers have annuli.  This helps but
does not completely solve the problem.

The problem being you may make a connection on a layer and forget to
increase the annulus on that layer.  I am trying to think if the query
system would allow a rule to be applied that would catch this - but as
powerful as they are I can't think how one would construct a query that
allowed you to determine that a specific layer of a pad had a connection,
and how one would be able to selectively apply that to each layer without
having to have a rule for all layers. (Vias don't have the full padstack
option.)

This would be a powerful extension - I think I will propose this and see
what the response is.

Ian