Please see below-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bagotronix Tech Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Warning to DXP Users re P99SE files

> > File extensions assotiation is a Windows thing, not Protel!
> >
> > Please, do not blame Altium for every possible problem or difficulty
> > happening in your professional activity - maybe it's just my personal
> > impression, but it's some of your recent posts that made that
impression.

> If the DXP installation program grabs the file association away from 99SE,
> then it's not a Windows problem, it's a Protel problem (or feature!
> )    )
>
> JaMi experienced exactly the type of thing I expressed fear about a few
days
> ago when someone suggested I try DXP - that my existing 99SE would get
> screwed up somehow by installing the DXP demo.  Even though I was
reassured
> that this would not happen, I was still skeptical.  And it seems my
> skepticism was well-founded.
>
> But on the other hand, JaMi, you are having way too many crashes.
Something
> is really wrong with your hardware or software to be having that many.  Is
> your PC a Compaq?  Maybe you have bad RAM?  Or your CPU is overheating?
Or
> power supply is noisy?  What about bad AC power quality?  Perhaps a virus?
> Someone hacking into your PC from your Internet connection?

I have just written this in another response, but applies here too so I will
copy it in here"

Please remember that the very first time that I really used Protel 99 SE in
a full blown "professional" application and atmosphere (not my own trial
version at home), baxk in July 2001, it crashed on me.

It has crashed on a continual and regular basis ever since.

It continues to "crash" on me to this day, inspite of my upgrading systems
and installing in on a brand new Dell 535 Workstation Pentium 4 (at work)
and a brand new IBM Netvista 6648 Pentium III (at home with my personal
license).

This is why I have said in other posts that I believe that the single most
important thing we need in SP7 is to have the "stability issues" resolved.

> Maybe you have too many pieces of software running at once.  Supposedly NT
> and W2K don't have resource limitations, but some types of software are
> still too intrusive (real-time virus scanners, add-on system utilities,
> etc.).

I am running 99SE on a completely seperate stand alone IBM 6648 with
Win2KPro, and with absolutely nothing else running except Norton Antivirus
(which came with the machine, and which I feel compelled to use, and which
99SE should work with), and it still crashes.

JaMi