> File extensions assotiation is a Windows thing, not Protel!
>
> Please, do not blame Altium for every possible problem or difficulty
> happening in your professional activity - maybe it's just my personal
> impression, but it's some of your recent posts that made that impression.

If the DXP installation program grabs the file association away from 99SE,
then it's not a Windows problem, it's a Protel problem (or feature!
)    )

JaMi experienced exactly the type of thing I expressed fear about a few days
ago when someone suggested I try DXP - that my existing 99SE would get
screwed up somehow by installing the DXP demo.  Even though I was reassured
that this would not happen, I was still skeptical.  And it seems my
skepticism was well-founded.

But on the other hand, JaMi, you are having way too many crashes.  Something
is really wrong with your hardware or software to be having that many.  Is
your PC a Compaq?  Maybe you have bad RAM?  Or your CPU is overheating?  Or
power supply is noisy?  What about bad AC power quality?  Perhaps a virus?
Someone hacking into your PC from your Internet connection?

Maybe you have too many pieces of software running at once.  Supposedly NT
and W2K don't have resource limitations, but some types of software are
still too intrusive (real-time virus scanners, add-on system utilities,
etc.).

When yer thinkin' about installin' new software, you just gotta ask yourself
one question:  "Do I feel lucky today?"  Well do ya, GEEK?   ;-)

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com