JaMi Smith wrote:

<snip>
> DXP opened the file instead of Protel 99 SE !
<snip>
> Altium, care to weigh in on this one?
<snip>

File extensions assotiation is a Windows thing, not Protel!

ICAP/IV (Intusoft's simulation software) we use, has *.dwg extension
for it's drawings (schematics), which is also well known extension for
Autocad drawings.
*.sch extension is used by Protel, our old OrCAD SDT and possibly many
other EDA tool I do not use.
Others could give you many more examples, for sure.

How do you think Protel/Altium could manage this?

Please, do not blame Altium for every possible problem or difficulty
happening in your professional activity - maybe it's just my personal
impression, but it's some of your recent posts that made that impression.

Wojciech Oborski