Juha,

It seems that everyone is missing the primary questions.

What is the speed of the device?

What type of routing are you doing, TTL / CMOS, ECL, LVDS, etc., etc., etc.?

How many of the actual I/O's are you actually using?

Where are all of your I?O's going to or comming from (do most of them have
to go the same direction on the board, or are they generally going to be
able to go in four different directions, etc., etc., etc.?

While implied in some of the above questions, specifically, do you need
controlled impedance?

How many supplies are involved, and how much decoupling does the specific
device require?

Are there more than one ground planes involved?

No reason to panic. Yet.

JaMi Smith