Juha,

OK, I looked at the layout, and the part number device, EP1S30, and did a
search on the net, and came up with ALTERA STRATIX.

Yes, the LVDS is in fact controlled impedance, 100 ohm differential, or you
could probably route individual lines at 50 ohm. It does appear that some of
the Stratix devices have the required 100 ohm termination built in, but I am
not sure about yours, and this may be good providing that you are using the
Stradix device as the differential receiver, however if you are using it as
the LVDS driver / transmitter, then you will probably have to provide your
own termination at the other end of the line.

The first thing that you might want to do is look at the following ALTERA
links:

Ap Note for High Speed Board Design:

http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an075.pdf

Using High Speed Differential I/O Interfaces in Stratix Devices:

http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an202.pdf

These should give you some idea of just what you need to do in terms of
routing, at least in the LVDS area.

I looked around for some real life pinout diagrams, and only found some
fairly poor tables, which would take me forever to map out.

The "mapping" in your sample layout doesn't look quite right (although
possibly it is and I am just not looking at it correctly), but I don't have
the time to go over it. Can you point me to some ALTERA maps or "pin out
pictorals" if there are any?

JaMi