-----Original Message-----
From: JaMi Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27. syyskuuta 2002 21:30
To: Protel EDA Forum
Cc: JaMi Smith
Subject: Re: [PEDA] 1020-pin BGA out-routing question (some add)

Juha,

It seems that everyone is missing the primary questions.

What is the speed of the device?

> near 50Mhz - 80Mhz (FPGA)

What type of routing are you doing, TTL / CMOS, ECL, LVDS, etc., etc., etc.?

> mostly LVTTL, one part is LVDS

How many of the actual I/O's are you actually using?

> do not know yet, but almost all of them...

Where are all of your I?O's going to or comming from (do most of them have
to go the same direction on the board, or are they generally going to be
able to go in four different directions, etc., etc., etc.?

> there is parts all over the board, so signals goes four directions...

While implied in some of the above questions, specifically, do you need
controlled impedance?

> no

How many supplies are involved, and how much decoupling does the specific
device require?

> we need FPGA core voltage, I/O voltage for FPGA (there is 8 bank, so we
might need
> 8 different I/O voltages), VREF voltage for each bank (8), 3.3V for memory
and other
> chips...

Are there more than one ground planes involved?

>not now, but if it is needed then it will be there...

No reason to panic. Yet.

> no panic at all...

> Just uploaded new version to JUNK directory...

JaMi Smith