Dennis,
        you save only the PCB as ascii. To be 100% successful I have always
exported the ascii PCB, deleted the orignal within the DDB, close the DDB.
Open the DDB and import the ascii PCB back into the DDB. This seems to be
overkill but it has always worked. I have had some success with a shortened
version of that procedure but I can't guarantee it 100% of the time.
        This also works to reset your SCH - PCB component matching. You know
when the synchronizer doesn't list all of the prematched components when
doing an update from schematic. The prematched list of components may have
only a couple or no prematched components when there should be lots.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification