Hi Rob,

Yes it is a nuisance that we cannot get a breakdown of component
quantities, even the Protel
format is not always perfect. So, we here use an Excel VB script I wrote
to process the BOM,
in fact it can select multiple xls files, add a quantity, select fields
to match by and select fields to
output to a final "project" BOM. Its fairly basic but seems to work. I
could make this available
if no other soultion is found.

Cheers,

--