Hello, all:

I just got a brochure from Altium with all their *limited time only* new and
upgrade offers.  I see that they are offering (until Dec. 31, 2002):

1) new Protel DXP for $7995
2) new Protel 99SE with free upgrade to DXP as soon as you change your OS
from Win98/NT to 2000/XP, for $7995
3) new Protel DXP '2 for 1' for $7995 to users of full Protel suite or
eligible competing design systems
4) PCAD 2002 for $9995

But they fail to say what the *regular* price is.  So I have no idea of how
much I would be saving by buying before Jan. 1.  Anyone know what the
regular price for these is supposed to be?

Why is PCAD higher?  Better yet, why is it still around?  I thought the
whole purpose of consolidation was to reduce costs by streamlining product
lines.  What can PCAD do that Protel cannot?  And vice versa?

They are also offering what seems like a better deal, Protel 99 XTRA, which
is just 99SE SCH, PCB, and the autorouter, for $4995.  Now that I think
about, that's what full Protel used to cost!

nVisage DXP schematic capture, Spice sim, VHDL sim and synth.  Guess which
ONE of these features folks will buy it for?  $2995 is way too much IMO for
that ONE feature.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.