John,
        part of the information required for a precise answer is missing
from your initial email. The answer will depend on where the product is to
be marketed. If it is marketed in the US or Canada then the answer would
come from UL standards (the current standards should be standardized because
of free trade). If the product is to be marketed in Europe then EU standards
would spell out the requirements. Similarly there are other standards for
Japan, Australia, etc. You may have to know each market requirement and then
use the greatest minimum spacing if your product is bound for multiple
markets. Most of the requirements are probably very close between the
different groups but you could get caught in a metric/imperial conversion
being off by a few thousandths of an inch if you weren't careful. Oh almost
forgot elevation above sea level also comes into play in these issues, also
soldermask or no soldermask.
        Those details should get you an answer, I don't have access to the
standards at the moment but others probably do.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Check out our fall promotion at www.norsat.com. Limited quantities. Sale
ends December 24, 2002.
Contact your Account Manager or call 1-800-NII-4LNB or email