Bob,
There's no problem with having polygon fills overlapping. The sequence would be to
establish
the inner fill first and then the larger fill will flow around the first. As for
editing,
temporally move the larger fill off the pwb to edit the smaller fills. Be sure to not
rebuild
the larger fill (it'll disappear) or place it onto a place holder via which has the
same net
associated to it. I'm unsure what your error messages are about, but you might consider
breaking up the large poly fill into smaller overlapping ones??
John