On 09:49 AM 24/02/2003, Alexandre Desnoyers said:
I want to set some rules in the "Hole Size Constraint" to specify the
drill bits available from APCircuit.  I've set the following constraint
:

Name            Scope            Min        Max
Drill 42mil    Board             42mil        42mil
Drill 28mil    Board             28mil        28mil
Drill 35mil    Board             35mil        35mil

When I run the DRC, I get the following rule violations:

Processing Rule : Hole Size Constraint (Min=42mil) (Max=42mil) (On the
board )
   Violation         Pad J1-25(49796mil,53700mil)  MultiLayer  Actual
Hole Size = 35mil
   Violation         Pad J1-24(49905mil,53700mil)  MultiLayer  Actual
Hole Size = 35mil

Looks like this is a priority issue.

The first rule has the highest priority. Rules are tested against all objects. So your first rule will generate an error on all holes not equal to 42mil. It won't help that you have alternative rules following.

You would need some method of saying the hole size could be 42 OR 35 OR 28. I don't know how this could be done in P99SE (it can easily be done in DXP). Adding extra scopes in P99SE won't help, I think, as these can be thought of as further restricting the application of a rule (boolean AND rather than boolean OR).

I think in P99SE you will be forced to either develop (or have developed) a server to do to the check (but this will not be able to be automatically added to the design rule system, I believe) or do it manually. Manually seems easiest to me. Another method would be an external script acting on a spreadsheet export of ASCII format file. But This is more effort than using the Hole Size Editor and a lot less convenient when you want to change anything.

Ian