Ian,

you wrote:

>The first rule has the highest priority.  Rules are tested against all
>objects.  So your first rule will generate an error on all holes not equal
>to 42mil.  It won't help that you have alternative rules following.

I would say, that the rules are tested against all objects covered by the rule's scope.

Create a rule that covers only the objects you want to test or excludes the objects
you don't want to test. E.g. in this case, in the general rule with the scope 'board'
(if there is such a rule) he should exclude the holes of the sizes he wants to check
specifically, and create rules to check each of them individually.

The problem is how to distinguish those hole sizes from the rest. They could belong to
a net, a component, a class or something else.

Regards,

Igor