> What a robust design - NOT!!!
>
> I have an Asus twin-PIII mobo (CUV4X, IIRC).  It works fine even when the
> office is hot and humid (after a weekend of not running the office A/C).

    My motherboard 2.  It still needed the 0.5ns delay setting for the
system DRAM.

    Robust, or not, with the ridiculous choice in system DRAM modules, I do
not blame ASUS for the need to both place a DRAM delay feature in the bios,
or, the fact that I need to use it for my 2GB of system memory.  I bet it
wouldn't be needed if I only had only a single 512mb module installed.

> A side note:  I have NEVER seen a desktop PC where power management worked
> correctly with no bugs.  I switch all those power management features off
so
> they won't crash or hang the PC.

    This is true, If I accidentally put the system to sleep, it will never
work the same again until I re-install win2K.  There seems to be no
corrective work around other than re-installing the OS.  However, I be the
problem could be traced to Anti-Creative Labs lousy audio drivers.

Brian Guralnick