I am current using 99SE and have been sitting on the DXP "upgrade" for a few months. Being a Protel user for almost 10 years, I know better than to use any Protel product right after its release. But being 1 year and 2 service packs into it, is DXP mostly stable and at least marginally useable now, or is further delay advised? Seeing a large number of people on this forum still using 99SE is not encouraging.

A few specific questions:

0) Is DXP stable now or are crashes hourly occurrences like with most of Protel's initial releases?

1) For schematic entry, are there any new features that make the move worthwhile?

2) For manual routing, are they any new features that make the move worthwhile?

3) How bad is the learning curve?

Thanks for your time and input.

Regards,

Hamid Wasti