----- Original Message -----
From: "Abd ul-Rahman Lomax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "JaMi Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] License Legalities OT

> misdemeanor. Selling the boxes appears to be a public offense (if I'm
> correct, public offenses are prosecutable as felonies). Relevant to the
> interests of printed circuit designers, printed circuit boards are
> specifically mentioned.

    That's because any pirated boxes have been stolen from the cable
company, or manufacter.  Such cable boxes are only sold between the
manufacturers (ie Scientific Atlanta, GI - Jerrold, Pioneer...) and the
cable companies.  Any of the boxes which are purchased separately between
you & a store dealer, must be stolen units, or stolen property, not to
mention that these units have also been modified intentionally for theft of
signal as well.

Brian Guralnick