At 08:40 PM 9/18/2003, Ian Wilson wrote:
I would love to get together, face to face, computer to computer with a very experienced OrCad, and PADs user, both of whom are non-religious in their approach to computer software, and go through a detailed end-to-end design flow. Then we would all write it up as an article. The warts of each would be listed and the good points of each. Doubt it will ever happen, unless some magazine commissioned it. I gotta earn some money sometime.

If I were manager of development at Altium or had some such position, *I'd* commission the study. And I'd pay very close attention to the results. If we had a more active user group, something I'd like to work on if I can find time -- difficult now --, we could do it, and then work with Altium to make the tool better and better.