On 10:00 PM 18/09/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
Yeah!

I don't know about you guys, but my company just dropped 16 Grand on 99 SE. We can't possibly afford to upgrade to DXP. If Protel decides not to support SE, we're really hosed. Guess it's a good thing I found this user group (or is it more like a support group?).

If "just" means recently then you must have bought 2nd hand copies? Otherwise you would have paid for a P99SE migration pack, which includes DXP when you have the need/want/hardware to run it. Or am I wrong - can you still buy new P99SE licesnses?

Otherwise the quote upgrade price is about $2500. Lets assume a designers on-cost is between 25 and 50 dollars per hour - 25 to 50 hours of improved productivity will pay for it, one week. So, the question then is how long will I have to be running DXP to get 25 to 50 hours of productivity improvement?

That is the real question, not the actual cost. But this is a harder question to answer.

I have been a little disingenuous here, I haven't included the learning curve which is significant in one area - queries. Add a few days for that.

Ian