From: William Dager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 5:13 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] What is the meaning of "DXP"

Well, Tony, apparently you are having a bad day.  We all have these.  I have
had over fifteen years of nothing BUT bad days, but I don't react and lash
out at people in a non-civil manner.  I could very well have told you that
you did not even stop to take the time and be sensitive enough to read over
Mr. Zhang Yang Tian's letter more than once before you fired off your answer
to him, but I did not.  It is obvious that he is having some difficulty
expressing himself in English and your response to him was not appropriate
with your reference to his use of the word "problem."  I can picture you
jumping up in anger and slapping him in the face if he were in your presence
from the tone of your answer.

I have had more than my share of problems with the way Protel works and
DOESN'T work.  I could very well bitch about it because of my frustration
with it and I would have every right to do so, as could many other users of
the product.  After 52 years on this rock, I know what is and is not user
friendly.  But when you pay $7,000 for each person to use a tool, you would
expect the product to work properly, and in many cases it does not.  I have
seen more companies release software products before they should have been
released full of all manner of bugs.  Look at Microsoft.  It almost seems
like they deliberately put bugs into their products, but I know better.  It
is a market-driven economy, so they have to release their products ahead of
their competition to compete in the marketplace, THEN they fix it (maybe).
Protel 99SE and prior versions had many features that were touted by the
literature, but when you went to try them, the features would not work.
Sometimes my work was even destroyed by its instability back then.

I understand your anger, but please try to consider and understand the
frustration of others when they try to do their jobs well but stumbling
blocks are put in their way because a feature does not work as advertised.
After awhile it leads inevitably to bitching.

So please calm down, take deep breaths and count to ten.  There, now isn't
that better?

I sincerely wish you and yours a blessed and happy holiday season <;-)

My very best regards,
Bill Dager
Senior Engineering Technician

Neuronetics, Inc.