It occurs to me that something I wrote was less than clear.

At 05:33 PM 12/15/2003, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
I've been starting to use DXP, and my first impressions are
        (1) DXP has some very nice features
        (2) As others have noted, there is a learning curve.

I wrote about the impact on productivity of the need to learn how to use DXP. It should be noted that Schematic PCB design in DXP still is far more similar to, say Protel 99SE, than to another CAD program. The necessary retraining is far less for an upgrader than for someone who switches to a new CAD system; my point was only that it is more than it might be if better attention were paid to making it easy for upgraders.

I do have reason to hope that the necessary retraining for DXP -> Protel 2004 will be less -- probably substantially less -- than the retraining for P99SE -> DXP.