Igor Gmitrovic wrote:

Hamid,

Altium is selling P99SE with a free upgrade to DXP.

You mean a downgrade?

If your customers bought P99SE or DXP and both of you switched to P2004 at some point...

I already know 99SE and will incur a major learning curve when I switch to a new package. However, 99SE is a huge learning curve for someone who does not know any version of Protel. Why should they subject themselves to learning two new tools when they should only have to learn one?

Remember that Protel gets good to use around SP5 or 6, so its almost there.

I know that. I have been using Protel since version 2.6. However, that was Protel. I am not sure if anything coming out of Altium will ever be useable. It appears to me that Protel to Altium switch was more than just a name change. I was an attitude change and one that was not for the best. I have seen great companies self-destruct after a management or culture change. From my vantage point, Altium seems to be heading that way.

Hamid