Just my $0.02

My Protel 99 SCH files actually show as 'Microsoft Schedule+
Application' association
My Protel 99 PCB files actually show as 'PowerPCB Design' association

I have Win AutoUpdate disabled
I have Capture 9.2 installed, Plogic, PowerPcb and some others.

Only time I ever have an issue when opening a file, is when I try to
open it directly,

If I start any of the applications first, and open from within the app,
they are all fine, I have never seen a connectivity issue, all the apps
including Protel run fine.

All is happy, except when I try to launch an application by double
clicking a file of a particular type, which always seemed the wrong way
round to me, file associations has never really been that reliable
anyway, unless you have one PC, one application which is not practical.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd
Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]