From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 7:08 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] 2004 DXP Looks Great,

At 07:12 PM 3/9/2004, Brooks,Bill wrote:
>Funny, I blame Microsoft for our acceptance of software with 'bugs' in
it...
>I tell you what... If I found bugs in something I bought from the grocery
>store... I would take it back.

You wouldn't do that if you were hungry enough and there was no other
grocery store that had the products sans bugs. When you are hungry, you are
grateful that there is any grocery store at all....

Why is Microsoft responsible for *our* actions? They are responsible for
what they do, we are responsible for what we do. A lot of people think
otherwise, true.

They think, "Whatever bad happens, it is those guys' fault."

Personally, I'm grateful for the tools I have. Yes, those tools could be
better, and I hope to be able to contribute to making them better. Yes,
there are greedy monopolies and businesses that profit at the expense of
society and their customers.

But more to the point of what I actually do, I hope to be able to catalyze
people to work together for mutual benefit. If we do that, we might just
realize that *we* are responsible. We are responsible because we have more
power than do those monopolies and businesses, all their money comes from
us. Only they are organized and we are not. It's a lot of what I think
about.

www.beyondpolitics.org