On 11:01 AM 14/04/2004, John A. Ross [RSDTV] said:
> [...]

Mike

In Camtastic I believe it was called 'net antennas', how effective it was I
do not know.

It is easy enough to find and and run (Analysis-PCB DRC/Fix). The rules are imported from the PCB so are basically OK when you start the command. I am surprised that anyone would have too much trouble finding it.

Yes, the hanging traces are called Net Antennas in Camtastic and the check seems to work OK. I don't know how it compares to any other CAM software - last I used was Lavenir many years ago and we didn't run any DRC on the Gerbers then.

There is a problem with loop removal in P2004 - it can leave small hanging traces under some situations - I think when a loop has small 45 degree section in it this can be left behind. It does not always happen but is not all that rare either. I find this irritating - it is not something I recall from P99SE or DXP. I have reported it. The Net Antenna check finds these dags.

Ian