On 01:15 AM 15/04/2004, Mike Reagan said:

You also mentioned 2004 did not support "unconnected nets constraints". That
would explain why saving the file back to version 4 is not completely
compatible.  Thanks for the clarification

P2004 does not support (apparently) the "unconnected nets constraints" during online DRC checking - it does, of course, check unconnected nets during batch DRC. I no idea why this changed from P99SE (which allows you to see nets that still have unrouted sections in the "Browse PCB" pane).

Ian wrote:
4) P2004 allows height checking (both online and batch)

We found a way to create virtual components which are  used as component
keep outs  to fool 99SE into thinking it was 3D. It works both online batch
in 99SE.

The DXP/P2004 height checking is based on rooms. Rooms in P2004 can be polygonal. So theoretically it is possible to have quite complex height profiles. I have not investigated this in detail but I do not know how the component is extruded when looking for height collisions. It would be nice if it used the full 3D model (if associated with the component) but I suspect it is just using the component Height parameter and extruding vertically using the bounding rectangle of the component (including overlay and mechanical layer details (though not, as I just found out, strings on mechanical layers or overlays). (I don't have 3D models associated with the components in the design I was testing with.)

Ian