At 03:03 PM 5/17/2004, Ray Mitchell wrote:
Is there a way to flip an entire PCB layout along the Y axis, thereby producing a view of everything from the bottom layer to the top?

This has been discussed extensively, and Mr. Wilson produced a server that would flip a whole PCB. I forget the status of that server, it might not be available.

But Mr. Mitchell spoke about producing a "view." This is quite a different thing from actually "flipping .. a layout." Protel does not have direct flip view capacity, though I think you can do it with the 3D viewer. However, CAMtastic can be used to view flipped gerbers. Gerbers can be generated as mirror images, or flipped, I think, in CAMtastic. You can then, if you wish, import gerber back in, perhaps putting it on a mechanical layer. I've done this to create single assembly drawings showing both sides of the board.

I haven't played with it, but I think the Print facilities can also produce flipped views....

It has been suggested that there be a view command that flips the PCB display window. That would actually be relatively simple, it is a little surprising to me that it hasn't been done yet.