At 11:02 PM 5/17/2004, Mira wrote:

When I want to flip a PCB, I want to see all layers
mirrored - Top layer goes to the Bottom, Bottom to the
Top and all other layers are paired as it should be.
Flipped doesn't mean having a mirrored image on the
same layer.

Right. Flipped means what you have said. However, from a view standpoint, display mirroring is tantamount to flipped. But if you actually want the Top layer components to go to the Bottom, etc., display mirroring is not enough.

It seems to me that Protel and PCAD software teams
should be joined.
There are so many nice features in PCAD, which can be
implemented in Protel. Why not! It may not be
completely the same button but who cares.
If you can flip a component, why can't you do this for
a selection?
Oh, well... sweet dreams.

Apparently that sweet dream is a reality. DXP flips selections correctly (at least it correctly flips top and bottom and the associated paired layers). Thanks to Ian for pointing this out, I'd overlooked it.