>the perfect CAD does not exist, for one thing, for it to be perfect would >require
>zero bugs and cost would be free, while DXP comes closer than most
>to the latter, it is also a leader in the former
>
>does anybody have a worse autorouter than Protel? or is not OK to mention
>that either?

I agree with the router situation.  Rather than tarnish what could be a decent
reputation,  Altium is better off pulling the router from it's bundeled package.
They should  re-sell eihter Electra or Spectra.

Free software: be real  we all have to eat. Zero bugs,  they almost had it with 99SE
SP6.   Most of the bugs were identified, Alttium chose not to fix the remaining few
instead they handed us the some old ones along with some unknowns.

DXP/2004:  yea right , lets see its in a fourth re-incarnation in less than a year an
a half.  I expect SP1 out soon.   I found so many bugs with 2004 that I cant take the
time to report them.  I wish I could but not until I have some down time.

Mike Reagan