the 99SE autorouter is pretty good at yesterday's technology

if your board is largely through hole and DIPs and pin headers
and if the placement is reasonable it will route it in no time
and it will be largely usable

i seems to have hardwired code that recognizes those sorts of patterns

on bds using today's techology it is marginal or worse

as usual the answer is 'it depends'

Dennis Saputelli

Tom Robinson wrote:

> Is the autorouter in 99se sp6 really as bad as users make it out to be?
>
> I thought NeuroRoute was the 'cat's meow'.
>
> I remember years ago when it came out, a person who used it said they were
> 'tickled pink'.

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com