PH,

We all agree that autorouters are useful.
You are right that only a fool can buy an autorouter
and do the layout manually.
I've seen autorouted boards after a "hand touch",
which look pretty nice.
Autorouted boards in general have more holes, use more
layers and this affects the price. If your boss cares
about saving some money from shorting the time for
finishing the job and doesn't care about the PCB cost,
then you must be working for a design bureau.
You design the board once but it will be manufactured
many times.

Mira

http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html