Tom Robinson wrote:

I remember years ago an engineer getting mad at me because I wire-wrapped
his circuit trying to make it look nice and neat with all the wires bundled
together in "streets & avenues". He said it was a big cross talk problem. He
wanted point-to-point with just a little slack in the wire length.

Yup, he is right. It makes rework and checking hell, but it is best electrically.
Unfortunately, a wire wrap or multiwire board is N layers, with N tending toward
infinity. That's a freedom you don't have on printed circuits.

Jon