Mr Lomax wrote
>I've been *playing* with DXP & DXP 2004 for a few months now. I've not been
>using it for productive work, I've not taken a job through.

I have used it for a dozen or so PCB designs and can honestly report there are no
advantages to upgrading.  Yea pullback is fine but as was mentioned simple copy and
paste took few keystokes for pull back and so there arent any advantages that I can
see,  The key word is "productive"  I had to increase my bid time on designs for
customers that want me to use DXP.  What does that tell you?

>I think Altium could have and should have kept some of the old options,
>such as a global editing button, but.... it didn't happen that way.

I have been keeping tabs of complaints here and on the DXP forum, that is the Number 1
issue that seems to come up again and again, global edits.  DXP PCB  is several
service packs away from being  more than just and introductory drawing  package.  It
has too many similarities with  PCAD its lost cousin crayola drawing package.  Even
the color scheme was adopted.  BARF