On 11:52 AM 3/08/2004, Jim Monroe said:
At 03:45 PM 8/2/2004, you wrote:
You would have had an answer much faster elsewhere I'd think.

Ian Wilson

No, I don't believe so. I had already searched other forums. The DXP forum had a nearly identical question posted a few weeks ago "[dxp] setting colors" and it was never fully resolved. I posted here for a fresh point of view.

Fair enough.

What was missed in the other forums answer was the need to check Select and Clear Existing on the panel, I think. The basic process was answered in the first couple of replies. I think the KB items that talk about From-To colour could be improved. I remember the thread - it got hijacked into other areas, legitimate enough discussions, but I stopped reading in full. I must have missed the bit where someone mentioned the Inspector was empty after selecting nets in the PCB panel - I assume this is what happened.

I appreciate your knowledge of DXP but I'm getting a little tired of you suggesting that I should post DXP issues elsewhere.

Well, I for one would have answered faster on the other forum. I don't always read PEDA these days - tend to look every three or so days. I note your original query was a few days ago - rather a long time to get an answer I think. So in this case I think it would have been faster to ask (again) on the other forum. But sorry if I offended you.

Bye for now,
Ian