From: Jim Monroe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 12:45 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Copy selection to layer

Bob- Again I'll assume you are wanting to move the end of a wire in DXP.
Try Edit/Break Wire and Move/Drag.

The default operation of DXP now automatically joins wires (unless you
disable "Optimize Wires"), so if you draw a short wire then continue a new
wire at the end of the old, the two become one. You cannot move the end of
the first wire because it no longer exists. You can however clip a section
out of the middle of the wire using the Break Wire command, creating two
separate wire. Then click to wire to select it and show its handles, then
use the Move/Drag command or simply click and drag one of the handles.

The 2nd chapter in the Manual gives a good tutorial on the basics for
Schematic and PCB. If you have the DXP04 upgrade that didn't come with
paper manuals, you can get it in PDF format in the Altium\Protel2004 folder
in your program directory or from the web at
http://www.altium.com/learningguides/TU0117_GettingStartedWithPCBDesign.pdf.

JM