For "basic" support, (neither cheasy nor caviar-based) with continually
upgraded video driversets from the chipset mfg, I suggest an
Nvidia-based  MX440, 64M-128M memory, dual video out. I purchased my
last one from EVGA, (www.evga.com), though the popularity, ease of use,
performance, cost, etc. of the chipset, has made it easy to find from a
variety of mfgs. Mine cost me $79 and has performed flawlessly, as did
the last two. New driver packages are available for download from Nvidia
on a regular basis (every month or so), because as we all know from
using Protel, bugs are everywhere. Other chjipset mfgs will often be
less than forthcoming with driversets. SO much so, in fact, that one of
the most often cited competitors has lost theior once supreme status
with the very customer base that launched them, ie, Apple customers,
because the video mfg is sucvh a poor performer when it comes to
supporting their products. Shiny on the outside, smelly on the inside.

Make sure to verify that the card your purchase has dual video out or
has a DVI as the secondary AND comes with a DVI-to-VGA converter
included. Due to their overall performance, Nvida's unrivalled firm/soft
support, and the entire line's low cost relative to their competitors,
there are large numbers of Nvidia-based cards on the market, and many
are single output devices, have a VGA and a DVI connector for dual, only
have TV out for the secondary channel, or require the user to purchase a
DVI converter...

You can expect to pay somewhere between $80-$110 for a dual-output card
of the ilk described above.

Again, examine to ensure that the card does dual video, and if possible,
has dual vga connections direct. A VGA and DVI combination is quite
prevalent, but if you choose this route, then make sure you get a
DVI/VGA adapter w/the card.

aj