Hi Brian,

Brian Guralnick wrote:
Also, keep in mind that Matrox flopped with their 3D capabilities being too slow & expensive compared to the competition

You may be right there, I do not play computer games, so how would I know. For applications I use, like Protel, it works great and has crisp-clear picture. Statement I could not make with some other manufacturers cards. Also, chipset in those cases is not as important as layout of the PCB and component selection.

In the downsizing, the no longer have the same development team they
 use to have.  Don't expect them to address 2D desktop driver related
 issues as fast as NVidia.

Well, if the damn thing works, why should they update drivers? Still, every few months they have update for Parhelia.

Indrek

--
 Indrek Rebane           |      Borthwick-Pignon
 Electronics Engineer    |    Tartu Science Park