I would have to agree with Matt. We've got Matrox cards running dual head under Win98SE, Win2K, and WinXP. We have never, repeat never, had a driver or graphics card problem with Matrox under Protel or any other Cad program. Matrox is the ONLY graphics card brand about which I can make that claim. ATI is the least reliable and has caused numerous strange (mostly driver and interrupt related) problems over the years.

At 03:22 PM 8/25/04, you wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:48:38 -0400, Brian Guralnick wrote:
> Stay away from Matrox, unless you will be sticking with good old
> win2k.

Why do you say that? I use Matrox video cards almost exclusively for my
workstations and have never had a problem with the drivers or hardware
and their dualhead operation is the best I've run across so far. I do
use Win2K for my own systems, but I have built a few for other people
with WinXP and not had any troubles... so I guess I'm curious.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems
snip