If my memory serves me correct, most of the gripes that I have seen here in the
forum, and also from my own useage going back to P98, and additionally from a few
comments from our glourious vendors own tech support people, has been: Stay away
from ATI - ATI has caused the most problems!

Of course I do not know if this still holds true for their current modle line, and
whether or not it would still be true today.

The most importand thing to remember is all that Protel Products, and I believe that
this includes dxP04, all use only 2D for all of their graphics, including any 3D
renderings, which are themselves actually only done in 2D, so that any of the
sophicistated 3D junk or 3D video boards that are so highly prized in the "gaming"
world, are actually worthless for Protel, and in fact may in fact cause problems in
Protel, or at least I was told a while back by some of the big A's Technical Support
people. They also told me that on some video cards it may be necessary to "scale
back" some of the video "acceleration" so as to not cause problems with Protel. This
was their advice for Protel 99 SE, and I am not quite sure that that would be
applicable on DXP or what I call dxP04 (which I still have not installed).

Respecting the dual output capability of a video card which you discuss below, I
thought I had it on my nVidia Ge Force 4 FX5200 128Mb until I read Terry Cheers post
and yours below.

JaMi