I certainly concur with Mislav.  I've been looking at your code twice,
and it looks pretty good to me.  I especially like the feature
modularity thing.

Yes, it weights twice as much as the current selector implementation,
but then, its way faster, much more modular, and compressed JS is there
for us anyhow.

Submit the patch, and tickle Sam until he works with it :-)

--
Christophe Porteneuve a.k.a. TDD
"[They] did not know it was impossible, so they did it." --Mark Twain