On Sep 24, 1:16 pm, "Les Szklanny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, the destructor needs to be called manually, but calling it
> eliminates possible memory leaks.
>
> See below a destructor for the marker (pin) object that you see on a
> map.  This destructor also destroys the events object, which is a
> property of marker.

You guys are taking this way way too far.  Javascript is a language in
of itself.  It has it's own rules and ways of doing things.  The core
team has merely added a more convenient way to do OO operations.  They
aren't re-inventing the wheel, or doing anything that wasn't already
possible with the language.

Secondly, javascript uses automatic garbage collection. There is no
need to create destructor methods, the javascript engine will clean up
un-referable objects at some future time.  Granted, there are a few
caveats especially when dealing with Closures but those are all things
that documented and things that are common to other languages that use
automatic garbage collection.

Have a look here if you don't believe me.
http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/closures.html#clAtGb