On 5/29/2014 5:41 AM, Wolfgang Maier wrote:
On 28.05.2014 12:43, Sameer Rathoud wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to python.

I am currently using python 3.3

With python I got IDLE, but I am not very comfortable with this.

What bothers you the most.

Seems like not too many other people on this list share my opinion, but
let me just say that IDLE is a nice and sufficient (for my purposes) IDE.
If you're used to eclipse, then stick with it, but I prefer IDLE over
any text editor although admittedly some of its keyboard shortcuts are
unusual choices.

I am curious how many of the editors people have been recommending have all of the following Idle features, that I use constantly.

1. Run code in the editor with a single keypress.

2. Display output and traceback in a window that lets you jump from the any line in the traceback to the corresponding file and line, opening the file if necessary.

3. Search unopened files (grep) for a string or re.

4. Display grep output in a window that lets you jump from any 'hit' to
the corresponding file and line, opening the file if necessary.

--
Terry Jan Reedy