On Tuesday, 28 March 2023 at 06:33:44 UTC+2, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 3/27/2023 8:37 PM, a a wrote:
> >> To save the tabs, right click any one of them and select the "Select All
> >> Tabs" item. They will all highlight. Right click on one of them and
> >> select the "Bookmark Tabs" item. A dialog box will open with an entry
> >> lone for the Name to use (like "Tabset1") and a location - a bookmark
> >> folder - for them to go into. CAREFUL - if you just click "Save", you
> >> may not be able to find them. Use the dropdown arrow to save them in
> >> one of the top level folders, like "Bookmarks Toolbars".
> > I can select All Opened Tabs (as from the given link)
> > and get 1,000+ Opened Tabs ( I am afraid, this is s number of all saved
> > bookmarks in the past)
> > I go to menu, Bookmarks, Manage Boomarks and copy Tabs
> >
> > and
> > https://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-url-to-html-link.php
> >
> > does the job, converting text urls into clickable web links
> >
> > I copy the result and past into Notepad++ to save file as html
> >
> > and what I get is web page of clickable Opened Tabs
> >
> > since icon and page name are lost
> I don't understand this. You don't really have 1000 tabs open at the
> same time, do you? If you select all the open tabs - I think you wrote
> that you only have 50 - then you can save them as bookmarks under a
> folder name you choose. That folder will contain the 50 open links. I
> tried it this evening, so I know that's how it works. (It happens that
> I'm working on my own bookmark manager just now, so I've been messing
> around with importing, exporting, and reading the bookmark files).
>
> Then you can export them and import the same bookmark file into another
> browser on another computer. Whenever you want to reopen some of those
> tabs, you would navigate to that part of the bookmarks and open the tabs
> you want.
>
> Maybe you have something else in mind? Do you want to send the links of
> the opened tab set to someone else, but not all your bookmarks? Please
> explain more carefully what you want to do.

Ok, I was not aware of the real number of the opened Tabs in Firefox, since I
can jump from left to right and vice versa in real time, so the number given by
me: 50 opened Tabs was my general estimate, but I can read the real number of
opened Tabs from the same menu (line below) to be 1,000+

What I copy and paste into Notepad++ is 1,000+ -line file.
It's hard to verify if the above number is made of opened Tabs only or
bookmarks are included,
since I exactly use and keep multi Tabs opened as my live bookmarks and cache
memory, when I work on my projects (watching, counting sunspots,   Earthquakes
prediction in Turkey, ... )

I would like to fund the development of such smart Tabs Manager to replace
boomarks, to let me group Tabs belonging to different projects.

It doesn't look to be complicated, if supported by the Firefox team.

Firefox 97. comes with alike functionality (when I open a new Tab)  but limited
to 4 rows of web-page icons + names and 4 rows called: Recent activity

All I need is to replace opened Tabs by history of the Recent activity -
default Firefox page, when I open a new Tab

It's hard to imagine, I can have 1,000+ Tabs live opened in Firefox
but I really need such feature, called in the past as: MyLifeBits by MS

So I have to ask Firefox team today  to lift 4 rows limit on web links and 4
rows limit on the recent activity, coming with
New Tab opened

When I am busy on a project I can open 100+ web pages via search engine  in one
day and would prefer
100+ opened Tabs to be saved in html format for the records as a reference.

Hope to get some support from Firefox team via Twitter.

Ok, smart bookmarks manager can offer the above functionality right now, so I
go to search engine to get one.

darius