Am 29.03.2018 um 22:59 schrieb Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users:
>> (By the way, I wish Stuart had finished his QL Graphics Card,
>> because all the video converters I tried with my QLs suck.)
>
> Yes, this is true. That's the reason I have built a prototype of a
> bus-snooper that mirrors the QL screen on an HDMI monitor, but... damn
> it, now that you know I will never finish it :-)

Believe it or not, but when I wrote my remark this noon, I was actually
thinking "that could be something for Marcel Kilgus" now that he started
playing with FPGA. Really.

My guess is that you'd use an FPGA with >=32 KB RAM, so why bus-snooping
and not fully replace the video area? Just to keep the original video
output alive?

How would you work around the HDMI licensing costs issue?

Personally, I still prefer VGA, because I also have some older monitors
and converting VGA to HDMI can be done by small cheap dongles.

Peter